Last revised and effective as of: May 16, 2016
Collection and Use of Information
We collect personal, billing and activity information directly from You. SuiteFiles’ products interact with data which is stored using Microsoft Office 365. As a SuiteFiles™ user, Microsoft will collect information from You, in accordance with their
When You subscribe to SuiteFiles’ services, We may require you to submit personal information about yourself, such as your full name, your Microsoft Office 365 username, your address and other contact information. When You contact Us for feedback or support, We may collect other personal information from You in order to assist You. We use Your personal and billing information to provide and improve services to You. We may use Your personal information to contact You with new features, special offers and update information.
Billing information will be required from You when You use a paid service from Us. You will provide this information yourself when You sign up for the service. This may include Your subscription type and Your billing contact details, such as Your billing email, address and phone number. Your credit card information will be collected and stored with a PCI-compliant third party. We only store a token which allows recurring charges for Your subscription.
Your Hosted Data
In order to use the services, You voluntarily input or import Your chosen data ("Hosted Data") to the SuiteFiles™ document management service. Your files, users, groups, permissions and metadata are hosted in Microsoft Office 365 and accessed using SuiteFiles™. We use the best breed of storage providers to host Your user analytics, document templates, usage information and access and session caching.
Your hosted data may be used by Us for the following (but not limited to):
- To ensure compliance with Terms of Service,
- For product development and improvement of service,
- For technical support,
- For pre-emptive healthchecks,
- To update metadata (such as search summarization or file previews),
- To deploy updates to applications
How Your data may be used by third parties (but not limited to):
- Please note that Your data is stored on the Microsoft Office 365 platform, so may be used per the terms you agreed to for that platform, and
- Our data hosting and app server hosting providers may access Your data under their terms of service
We may also collect additional information relating to Your activity. This includes (but not limited to):
- Your usage of files in the service (including creating, editing, sharing, starring),
- Analytics data, for improving service and response times and providing key functionality, such as search relevance, and
- Automated systems will retrieve file content for health checking, thumbnail generators, image content filters.
Activity information is used to enhance the service and diagnose issues.
Accessing and Modifying Information
Contact Us if you would like to access or modify your personal or billing information.
Protection of Information
Your information is stored using best practices, to reasonably protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.